Right of Cancellation | SHOPShopping Cart
Right of cancellation for consumers
Consumers are entitled to the right of cancellation according to the following conditions, whereby the consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose which is attributed neither to a commercial nor to the person’s independent professional occupation:
You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which
- you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods;
- you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good in the case of a contract relating to multiple goods ordered by you in one order and delivered separately; or
- on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last lot or piece in the case of a contract relating to delivery of a good consisting of multiple lots or pieces.
In case more than one of the above alternatives applies to your contract the cancellation period starts once you or a third party other than the carrier acquires the last good or the last lot or piece.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the shop owner Ronny Strehmann of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail).
You may send an e-mail via the contact form in which you declare the cancellation. Please include your name and address, the goods you have ordered, the date of your order and receipt of the goods. If you use this option, strehmann.com will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (e.g. by e-mail) without delay. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, strehmann.com will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by strehmann.com).
strehmann.com may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
strehmann.com will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than
- 14 days after the day strehmann.com receives back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provided evidence that you have returned the goods, or
- If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which strehmann.com is informed about your decision to cancel with contract.
strehmann.com will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
strehmann.com may withhold reimbursement until strehmann.com has received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to Ronny Strehmann without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to strehmann.com. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Exceptions to the right of cancellation
The right of cancellation does not, inter alia, apply to:
- the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and whose manufacture requires an individual selection/definition or which are manufactured to customer specifications or clearly tailored for personal needs
- the delivery of goods whose nature make them unsuitable for a return (e.g. e-books, downloads, etc.), which may spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be exceeded, or for the delivery of audio or video recordings or of software where the seal on the data carriers has been broken by the consumer, or for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals and magazines (unless your declaration to enter into a contract for the delivery of newspapers or magazines was rendered over the telephone)
- the supply of digital content (including ebooks, mp3 downloads) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD). By placing an order you agree to the
Terms & Conditionsin which is specified that the downloadable content is excluded from the right of cancellation once strehmann.com starts to deliver it by providing you access to the requested data.
Notes on the exceptions to the right of cancellation:
The product lines »Signed Prints« and »Unique Calendar« are affected by this exclusion of the right of withdrawal since these products are designed to fit the customers’ individual needs by offering various customization options and to ensure that the products live up to their expectations.
The MP3 downloads are excluded from the right of cancellation once strehmann.com has executed the order and thereby provides you the access to the requested data.
Warranty and liability
As your satisfaction is very important to us, your orders will be carefully checked for their quality and shipped to you in perfect condition.
Should you, however, have a legitimate complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact strehmann.com and communicate the reason of your dissatisfaction indicating the order number. You may use the
Please note that strehmann.com is not liable for light deviations of the delivered goods from the images and descriptions of the products listed in the online shop of strehmann.com. Based on the current state of production and printing technology, minor deviations cannot be ruled out for printed products. These can effect the measurements or the format of the products, the colouring and the composition of the material. Deviations like these do not entitle the customer to object to the quality of the product because they are no defect in the legal sense.
The defects liability also does not cover defects which are due to wear and tear, inappropriate use and wrong or lacking care or storage. The storage life of photographic print products depends on environmental influences. Depending on how much they are exposed to these influences, the quality of the trueness of the colours and brilliance can deteriorate, possibly fade out.
If the product was already defective when it was handed over to the customer and if these defects are not exempt from the statutory liability for defects due to the characteristics of the product or due to other legal limitations, the customer may choose between receiving a substitute for product, reducing the purchase price or withdrawing from the purchase contract. A repair of the product is not possible because it is either impossible due to the characteristics of the product or because it would lead to unreasonable expenses. If the customer opts for the receipt of a substitute or withdraws from the purchase, it is imperative that the customer will return the defective product.
The provision of the remedies for defective products is dependant on strehmann.com being granted the possibility to check the defect. This may occur either by returning the defective product to strehmann.com or through other helpful measures like the customer taking photos of the product and mailing them to strehmann.com. If the facts are in dispute strehmann.com has the right to insist on the return of the defective product. The return postage will be borne by strehmann.com and the company may choose the method of shipment.
Please check the